Hi, my name is Navjot Gill, I am often referred to as Jot by my friends and family. I am currently enrolled in the Bachelor ‘s of Integrated Studies program at the University of the Fraser Valley. I plan on minoring in Business, with my main focus being Human Resources and Marketing; I anticipate to graduate in the fall of 2022. I am bilingual, my second language is Punjabi, which is my mother tongue. I can also effectively understand and communicate in Hindi. Currently I reside in the Abbotsford/Aldergrove area; I want to acknowledge I am on the Traditional Territory and sacred land of  Coast Salish and Stó:lō.

Currently I am working as a freelance hair and makeup artist, skincare specialist and laser tech at my family’s salon, and Skincare/Color Consultant at Sephora. I have a lot experience with customer service, which I gained through my retail and freelance jobs. Additionally I manage three separate Instagram accounts, where I market my products and services. My accounts provide me a place to upload my professional portfolio’s digitally, and the ability to connect with current and future clients. I have experience of both owning my own business and working as an employee in an organization. This experience gives me a advantage of understanding employees and management from different  perspectives; I hope to use my experience towards Human Resources or Marketing Field.